02 September 2022
Teller Position Advert
Reporting To: CEO
Primary Location: Stillorgan, Co Dublin.
South Dublin Credit Union is a community based financial services provider, with over 12,000 members. We have branches in Stillorgan and Donnybrook. With total assets of €69 million, our core value is to serve our members and the community, whilst maintaining the highest professional standards in our service.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated Teller to join our team. This is a full time position with a requirement to work 34 hours per week. The successful applicant will work as part of the member services team responsible for providing an excellent member services experience to both existing members and potential new members.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a range of operational and administrative duties that will contribute to the effective day to day running of the credit union.
- Provide quality service to the members at the counter, including processing lodgements and withdrawals and enabling loan draw downs and repayments
- Accurately and diligently handle cash; reconcile balances and member accounts
- Set up new member accounts
- Deal with members queries driving first point resolution where possible
- Amend direct debit mandates and set up payment plans as per member instructions
- Explain products and services to members
- Promote the services of the Credit Union to existing and potential members
- Ensure member information kept on file is accurate and up to date
- Members general account maintenance including issuing account statements
- Scanning, filing and general office administrative duties
- Complete other duties as required by Management
- Undertake relevant training as deemed necessary by Management
- Work at all times in a courteous, friendly and professional manner, preserving confidentiality and adhering strictly to all policies and procedures of the Credit Union.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Excellent organisational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in the delivery of customer services to the highest standard
- Ability to communicate and engage with members in a professional manner
- Excellent I.T. skills
- Excellent administration skills and attention to detail
- Experience working in a credit union/retail financial services environment would be a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of the Progress banking system would be an advantage but not essential
- A relevant financial services qualification such as QFA or CUA
This is a full-time permanent position subject to a successful 6 month probationary period.
The working week is Tuesday – Friday, 9.00 am – 5.00 pm and Saturday work 9.30 am – 1.30 pm.
While the role is primarily based in the Stillorgan branch, officers are expected to be available to work in our Donnybrook office from time to time.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with the role and experience/skillset of the candidate.
Your next step…..
Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to Jacqui O’Grady, HR Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can contact Jacqui by email or by mobile phone at 087 2264981 with any queries. All requests for information will be treated with the strictest of confidentiality
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 16th September 2022.
Following the recruitment process, the position will be offered to the successful candidate upon satisfactory references and completion of an Occupational medical assessment.
South Dublin CU is an equal opportunities employer
South Dublin CU is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
Canvassing will disqualify.
South Dublin Credit Union will endeavour to provide reasonable accommodations as requested by candidates throughout the interview process for this position